Joining & Training
Become a Member of the Town of Calumet Fire Department
If interested in applying for a Firefighter or First Responder position with the Town of Calumet Fire Department, complete this application form and return it to the Town of Calumet Fire House or by mail to:
Town of Calumet Fire Department
Attn: Fire Chief
W3118 County Rd W
Malone, WI 53049
If you are interested in more information, you could:
- Contact the Fire Chief at 920-579-0979, one of the Asst. Fire Chiefs or a First Responder Officer.
- Stop at the fire station on either the 1st or 3rd Mondays of the month after 7:00 P.M. (these are drill nights).
- Stop at the fire station on the 2nd Monday of the month after 6:30 P.M. for the First Responder meeting or 7:30 P.M. for the monthly Fire meeting.
- Contact any member.
- Attend or stop in during our annual Pork Chop Dinner or Firefighter for a Day events.
Requirements for a Firefighter include:
- Entry Level Firefighter Part I and II (can complete after membership is established)
For more information related to the content of Firefighter Part I and II, go to:
Requirements for a First Responder (Emergency Medical Responder) include:
- Completion of an approved Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or EMT Course (can complete after membership is established)
For more information related to the content and Scope of Practice for EMR, go to:
Training for the Town of Calumet Fire Department is an ongoing process, no matter if you are new to the department or a long time member. The first and third Monday of every month are reserved for training drills and the second Monday of every month is reserved for a department wide meeting.
Monday training drills cover different topics each time, with a few of them listed below.
- Truck Driving
- Water Rescue
- Jaws of Life – Extraction
- Chimney Fire Equipment
- Water Relay
- Training Tower